Healthy & Safe Establishment Statement
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the coronavirus, causative agent of COVID-19, as an international public health emergency. To avoid risks of infections, ensuring the existence of an internal protocol that defines the necessary prevention, control and surveillance procedures, the Cerro da Fontinha, Turismo na Natureza Lda. declares to comply with the requirements defined by the Turismo de Portugal, in accordance with the guidelines of the Portuguese Directorate-General for Health, what make it possible to declare it a HEALTHY & SAFE Establishment.
The Cerro da Fontinha makes available:
The Cerro da Fontinha ensures:
- Information to customers and employees in several visible locations of the establishment, by posting a billboard with basic hygiene recommendations.
- An internal protocol of prevention, control and surveillance procedure.
- Information of Safe & Clean establishment on the site cerrodafontinha.com.
- Information to customers regarding prevention control and surveillance at check-in.
The cleaning and hygienization protocol ensures:
- Sufficient personal protection equipment to all employees.
- Personal protection equipment available to the customers (maximum capacity of the establishment).
- Check-in cleaning offset by 1 day from check-out for the same house, in order to ensure the complete disinfection of the whole house.
- Alcohol-based antiseptic solution dispensers on each house, at the reception, and on workplaces.
- Liquid soap and paper towels on every WC.
- Cleaning of surfaces and common use objects several times per day.
- Wet cleaning daily.
- Frequent air renovation.
- The use of cleaning and desinfection products of a broad spectrum with a virucidal, bactericidal, fungicidal and macro bactericidal action.
- The use of air renovation products with virucidal, bactericidal, fungicidal and sporicidal desinfectant.
- The use of disposable cleaning materials.
- The use of containers for residues with pedal and garbage bags, with closing ring.
- The definition of specific procedures for changing the bed linen and cleaning the houses, giving preference to two spaced intervention intervals and with personal protection equipment, as per internal protocol.
- The removal of bed linen and towels is made without agitating or shaking, rolling it inwards and taking it out of the house immediately.
- The washing of the household linen is performed by the washing and hygienization of household linen provider, Elis Portugal, by means of high temperatures and its own disinfection processes.
The Cerro da Fontinha has a specific area for isolating people who may be considered as suspected cases or confirmed cases of Covid-19, with natural ventilation, WC, stock of protection and hygiene equipment, as well as making available food and liquids.
Useful contacts in case of symptoms:
Cerro da Fontinha: 00(351) 917 802 588
NHS: 808 24 24 24
Farmácia Nova: +351 283 961 690
Farmácia Palma: +351 283 961 582
Police Forces (GNR) São Teotónio: +351 283 959 017
Certification of tourism sustainability
Cerro da Fontinha, Country Houses, started in 2020 Biosphere certification of tourism sustainability, the tourism certification system by Biosphere Responsible Tourism based on principles of sustainability and continuous improvement, according with international sustainability requirements. With this certification, Cerro da Fontinha pursues its sustainability policies, ensures compliance with all sustainability requirements as responsible tourism and guarantees satisfaction and trust with its customers, employees, community and environment, without compromising future generations.